If you have a home, you surely also have a junk drawer. This is where you collect all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s commonly a mess, and it’s probably hard to find what you’re looking for. However, did you know that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? By placing the useful items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This looks like a no-brainer, but you’d be amazed how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight could be handy when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark place.
- Batteries. Batteries are important for several things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a couple of extra batteries ready, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be employed for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Pick one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are one additional important tool that can be utilized for different tasks, from gripping something too little to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always smart to keep some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always helpful.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Pick the little or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer neat.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is essential for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will undoubtedly be beneficial.
- Scissors. Scissors are always important, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a small pair of scissors that may readily be placed in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for many purposes, from keeping cords orderly to bundling up newspapers. They’re also wonderful for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, think about the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Even though numerous junk drawers are messy, that doesn’t have to be the situation. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) will help you with keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is already a headache, here are a couple of alternatives for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in only a few easy steps.
Now that you figure out what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you realize that your current Kimberly home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, contact Real Property Management Magic Valley. We supply excellent rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your dream lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.